Moi

Moi

Monday 26 January 2009

Soldier Soldier

After a hectic weekend, Sunday night arrived and I found myself wondering how, in a few short days, a welsh sheep can go from being an exciting accessory to an itchy nuisance? I've never been all that fond of wool (and yes, I know I knit with it!). Wool can be irritating on the skin if you do not properly protect yourself from its scratchy fibres. Wool, when still attached to a Welsh sheep seems to be quite difficult to get rid of. This knitter has learned a lesson, try before you commit to any purchase in future!

Wool aside, there have been some interesting developments. A month ago, when knitting was new and fresh, I decided to take on another hobby to broaden my horizons. Following a tearful evening's viewing of the Millies, I decided to put my somewhat dubious talent for writing endless rubbish to good use. The result of this idea, and a bottle of Australia's finest, was a subscription to a site where there seems to be an endless stream of gorgeous, fit bodied, heroic real men! Of course, there is a slight snag. Half of them are dodging bullets, bombs and god knows what in the most awful places on the planet. However, the boredom of camp life does mean that they are willing to read and reply to whatever random thoughts that pour out of my nutty brain! Oh, then there are the ones who just want to offer you ten inches of manhood... a polite no suffices in these cases (after you've drooled over the body of course). Despite the odd inappropriate offer, I now write to a couple of soldiers serving in war zones and would encourage anyone with lots to say about anything to join in! I do make sure not to get their hopes up about a hand knitted scarf though... Current knitting looks set for a 2011 completion at the earliest!

No comments:

Post a Comment