Moi

Moi

Thursday 22 January 2009

Exits Must Be Clearly Signed!

Have you ever had one of those moments where you wish that life had a reverse gear and you could go back and make a different decision? Hmmm, I don't believe you if you said no to that! In the absence of such a magic button, I found myself panicking last night and wondering how to click undo with the least pain to either party. As usual, I was all for my tactless, blunt truthful approach. This is because I am the world's most useless liar (amongst other things that I am the world's most useless at...). Interestingly, it was my mother who came up with the less painful option of a small stretch of the actual reality. See, I can't even bring myself to say the words! I was always brought up to tell the truth at all times, and distinctly remember being severly reprimanded for a black lie as a child. So it came as a bit of a shock to hear my own mother, the person who had administered the punishment for lying during my childhood, telling me to take a door of less than truthful exit. I will probably pay for this, karma and all that.

On a positive note, I forced myself to take out the bike for a spin after work. Maybe a little pain tomorrow from the workout will re-balance the karma situation? Well, perhaps so if I wasn't undoing all the good work by ovening a lovely fat pizza as I write. A girl's got to have balance in life I say! Speaking of which, two trips to the vending machine in one day is not balanced - you know who you are!! At least I can justify my half bag of chocolate covered raisins - they're one of my five a day I'm sure.

Changing the subject wildly, and in line with this random rambling, I had an amusing exchange with a young man at work today. I say young man, as he commented that at 30 years old, a girl is too old for him to date - the young pup! This got me to thinking, how young is too young and how old too old? Perhaps a little research may need to be done. I may have to put down the knitting needles and venture out into one of those 'pub' places and find out. Watch this space knitting followers....

No comments:

Post a Comment